Please be extremely wary of the company https://www.raidmart.com/ My experience with them has been that I ordered a item from them, the money was taken immediately. Emails were sent confirming the item had been dispatched with a tracking link.
And that is ALL that ever happened. The item never arrived. The tracking link remains with the status “We’ve accepted your order, and we’re getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your shipment status.” I’ve contacted the company numerous times, with no reply. I’ve followed their refund procedure, with no reply.
Over the summer I took part in a song writing game/mission with other songwriters on the web and one of the resultant songs that came out of the exercise was Bordering on Obsession, a song about lost loves, aspirations and self examination. In the wasteland that is the gameified app dating scene obsessing over looks, both your own and other peoples, and casually swiping your way thru an endless sea of fish you’ll never catch is all the more a horrid obsession fueling activity.
After finishing editing and wim image using dism I was being left with Windows still thinking the image was still mounted somehow and not able to remount the image file. Thanks to a posthere I finally managed to resolve the issue by deleting keys under “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WIMMount\mounted images\”
Next I just need to find how to be able to delete the folders ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData underneath the root of a mounted image after it’s been unmounted. Windows is locking them but there are no handles open to them
Like many people it seems I’ve been scratching my head as to why WDS’s Driver Package Filters were not matching my hardware when imaging a machine that I’d created a driver package group for.
After looking at Greg Shields technet post I was convinced I just needed to grab the model name straight off of the machine type beforehand via a powershell WMI get and I’d be laughing. Alas this still did not work.
I found the best way was to enable the Debug log on WDS, then pull the info directly from what WDS was seeing and use that to create the filters.
I’ve also written a powershell script to pull the details from the debug log as otherwise it takes a fair bit of time.
I’ve posted this here: https://github.com/mikedixson/Get-SMBios-Strings-From-WDS