Its been a very interesting project so far for a lot of different reasons. Its forced me to learn InDesign for starters, but has also made me think about narrative, graphic design, layouts and the constraints on then and how they change the feel of the content.
It’s also made me revisit processing choices made when I originally processed the photos. And also realise that I have changed the way I process photos massively, and for the better I feel. I’ve also had to learn using Lightroom’s soft proofing and proof copies.
I’ve also had to learn about self publishing ISBNs and each publishing platforms nuances. By far the easiest to publish to was Google Play Books.
An enjoyable process and now I’m in a position I can produce these quicker, but a lot of the design decisions will change from theme to theme of each eBook.
I’ve been making a lot more use of my digital photo frame since I moved into my flat but a fair few of the photos I want to make use of are portrait orientation whilst the majority are landscape.
For a load of photos I’ve gone thru them and manually made them landscape by using a method I noticed that You’ve Been Framed use when viewers send in mobile footage shot in the wrong orientation for tv. The technique is to enlarge a second copy of the image/video as a background layer to fit the width of the landscape orientation and blur the background.
If you want to use AEB feature on a Canon SLR camera, make sure whilst you are trying to set the bracketing that your on body flash is down/off , otherwise no matter what you do you won’t be able to enable bracketing.